Friday, December 12, 2014

Dying Wish

So I finished watching a reality show and the episode contained a scene in which a young woman, who is dying, was granted a dying wish. The dying wish was to meet this particular celebrity. This begged the question, if I were given a few months to live,what would be my dying wish, the one thing I had to do before leaving this Earth? As I sit here typing this, I don't know what that wish would be but I do know what it wouldn't be-meeting a damn celebrity. I know different people have different things that bring them joy but for some reason this really bothers me. This is due partly to knowing how we place these people on a higher pedestal simply because they are rich and bring us entertainment, forgetting that they are the same as us. We also seem to forget that we don't really know these people or how they are in their real lives, we only see what they want us to see. For me, if I were granted a dying wish, I wouldn't waste it on meeting a celebrity, someone I don't know and who probably won't show me the real him/her. I'd much rather travel to a place I've always wanted to see or do something I've always wanted to do but either couldn't afford or was to scared to take the risk. But then again, to each her own.

No comments: